Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » 'remove' mapping in layer
'remove' mapping in layer [message #1241107] Fri, 07 February 2014 13:54 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I've busy creating a simple 'block' editor that shows how different blocks in a control are connected. Blocks are connected by terminals. Blocks, terminals and connections do have names.

In the most detailed view, blocks have edge nodes representing the terminals and edges are drawn between terminals. However, such diagram can easily be cluttered as a result of showing all terminals and their names. Therefore, I created a default layer that just shows an edge in case two blocks are connected by their terminals. As sometimes, identification of the involved terminals is needed, I created an additional layer that,when enabled shows the terminals.

My goal is to show relation between blocks when the additional layer is not selected. Selection of the additional layer should result in displaying the edge nodes and draw connections between them in stead of the blocks themselves.

However, I can not get rid of the original edge mappings when I activate the additional layer... What is the best way to achieve this.

Attached you'll find two diagrams (with and without the additional layer activated). Please disregard the difference in colors; I think I know how to fix that.

Greetings,
Wilbert

Re: 'remove' mapping in layer [message #1241130 is a reply to message #1241107] Fri, 07 February 2014 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Can you tell me how and where your attached the diagrams? I can't find it.

Anyway, I think you should achieve the intended behaviour using a filter instead of an additional layer. Create a "Mapping Filter" (On your diagram description, create a "Composite Filter Description" then a "Mapping Filter"). Select the mapping representing your terminals. Finally, in the "Filter Kind" field, select Collapse instead of hide. When you will activate your filter, the terminal elements will disapear but the edge will still be visible. The edge source and target will now be the parent of the terminal: your blocks.

Does it fix your issue?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: 'remove' mapping in layer [message #1241140 is a reply to message #1241130] Fri, 07 February 2014 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry, I got interrupted before I could find out how to attach images to a post.

However, I'm gonna try with the things you suggested. From your description you seem to have understood what I meant.

Thanks already!
Wilbert.
Re: 'remove' mapping in layer [message #1241154 is a reply to message #1241140] Fri, 07 February 2014 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Although the proposed solution (filter) is workable, it's not perfect.

From the help I learned that the terminals are there only they are invisible. However, their labels are not invisible. Please excuse me if I didn't study the help long enough.

However, I'm sufficiently glad already.

Thanks.
Wilbert
Re: 'remove' mapping in layer [message #1241195 is a reply to message #1241154] Fri, 07 February 2014 16:13 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Indeed, I did not think about the label of your collapsed "Terminal" element. In fact, in that case the terminals are still visible but very very small (4x4 pixels). The user is able to hide the label but it is a different action.

If you do not know, you can display labels on edge at the center (by default) but also at the begining and the end. Maybe in your case, it will look better (well less messy at least) if you display no label on the terminal, but on the edge begin and end position?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Sample Model in Tutorial
Next Topic:Set a default presentation view.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:03:37 GMT 2024