Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » [buckminster-dev] Bundle ... cannot be resolved. Why?
[buckminster-dev] Bundle ... cannot be resolved. Why? [message #1239277] Mon, 03 February 2014 20:57 Go to next message
Damian Nardelli is currently offline Damian NardelliFriend
<div dir="ltr"><div>I&#39;m modifying a deprecated eclipse PDE project. Basically, I need to add a reference to my bundle, so I added it in the plugin&#39;s MANIFEST.MF &quot;Require-Bundle&quot;, and then I added it in feature.xml. I&#39;m following that process because there are another bundle references working OK in that way.</div>
<div><br></div><div>After that, I click on &quot;Resolve and Materialize&quot;, and I see my bundle being downloaded from my Maven Repository, but it is not being copied to .buckminster/tp/plugins and it is not added in .buckminster/tp/artifacts.xml, and my Eclipse keeps saying &quot;Bundle ... cannot be resolved&quot;.</div>
<div><br></div><div>What may I be doing wrongly? It&#39;s driving me nuts.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance,</div><div>Damian </div></div>
Re: [buckminster-dev] Bundle ... cannot be resolved. Why? [message #1239516 is a reply to message #1239277] Tue, 04 February 2014 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
My guess is that the jar file that you're downloading isn't really an OSGi bundle. Have you checked it's MANIFEST.MF
file to ensure that it contains entries like Bundle-SymbolicName and Bundle-Version ?

This list is for the development of Buckminster and is not intended for usage questions. Please use the buckminster
newsgroup for that instead of buckminster-dev.

Thanks
- thomas

On 2014-02-03 21:57, Damian Nardelli wrote:
> I'm modifying a deprecated eclipse PDE project. Basically, I need to add a reference to my bundle, so I added it in the
> plugin's MANIFEST.MF "Require-Bundle", and then I added it in feature.xml. I'm following that process because there are
> another bundle references working OK in that way.
>
> After that, I click on "Resolve and Materialize", and I see my bundle being downloaded from my Maven Repository, but it
> is not being copied to .buckminster/tp/plugins and it is not added in .buckminster/tp/artifacts.xml, and my Eclipse
> keeps saying "Bundle ... cannot be resolved".
>
> What may I be doing wrongly? It's driving me nuts.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Damian
Re: [buckminster-dev] Bundle ... cannot be resolved. Why? [message #1239562 is a reply to message #1239516] Tue, 04 February 2014 13:29 Go to previous message
Damian Nardelli is currently offline Damian NardelliFriend
<div dir="ltr">Hello Thomas,<div><br></div><div>Thank you for your feedback and I&#39;m sorry about my mistake. I didn&#39;t realize this was the dev account.</div><div>I created a post in the buckminster forum about this issue: <a href="http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1239561/#msg_1239561">http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1239561/#msg_1239561</a> and put all the information there.</div>
<div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance,</div><div>Damian N.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Thomas Hallgren <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:thomas@xxxxxxxx" target="_blank">thomas@xxxxxxxx</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">My guess is that the jar file that you&#39;re downloading isn&#39;t really an OSGi bundle. Have you checked it&#39;s MANIFEST.MF file to ensure that it contains entries like Bundle-SymbolicName and Bundle-Version ?<br>

<br>
This list is for the development of Buckminster and is not intended for usage questions. Please use the buckminster newsgroup for that instead of buckminster-dev.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
- thomas<div><div class="h5"><br>
<br>
On 2014-02-03 21:57, Damian Nardelli wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I&#39;m modifying a deprecated eclipse PDE project. Basically, I need to add a reference to my bundle, so I added it in the<br>
plugin&#39;s MANIFEST.MF &quot;Require-Bundle&quot;, and then I added it in feature.xml. I&#39;m following that process because there are<br>
another bundle references working OK in that way.<br>
<br>
After that, I click on &quot;Resolve and Materialize&quot;, and I see my bundle being downloaded from my Maven Repository, but it<br>
is not being copied to .buckminster/tp/plugins and it is not added in .buckminster/tp/artifacts.xml, and my Eclipse<br>
keeps saying &quot;Bundle ... cannot be resolved&quot;.<br>
<br>
What may I be doing wrongly? It&#39;s driving me nuts.<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
Damian<br>
</blockquote>
<br></div></div>
______________________________<u></u>_________________<br>
buckminster-dev mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxx" target="_blank">buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxx</a><br>
<a href="https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev" target="_blank">https://dev.eclipse.org/<u></u>mailman/listinfo/buckminster-<u></u>dev</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>
Previous Topic:Website is down
Next Topic:Re: [buckminster-dev] question about multiple versions of bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:33:42 GMT 2024