Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Automatic instanciation of a pattern using EMF concepts
Automatic instanciation of a pattern using EMF concepts [message #1239236] Mon, 03 February 2014 18:17 Go to next message
amina magd is currently offline amina magdFriend
Hello,

I have a pattern which is based on UML diagrams annatated with a profile. I seek to automatically instanciate it for futur transformation. Is it possible to do that using EMF concepts ?

Thanks for help,
Re: Automatic instanciation of a pattern using EMF concepts [message #1239685 is a reply to message #1239236] Tue, 04 February 2014 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi,

What is a "pattern"? And what does it mean to "instanciate" one?

Almost anything can be done with EMF, but we'll need more information
about your use case in order to be helpful.

Cheers,

Christian

On 2014-02-03 18:17:48 +0000, amina magd said:

> Hello,
>
> I have a pattern which is based on UML diagrams annatated with a
> profile. I seek to automatically instanciate it for futur
> transformation. Is it possible to do that using EMF concepts ?
>
> Thanks for help,
Re: Automatic instanciation of a pattern using EMF concepts [message #1239936 is a reply to message #1239685] Wed, 05 February 2014 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
A pattern is a generic model that defines a solution for a specific problem. It may be modeled using graphical or textual modeling languages. In my case I defined a pattern modeled through UML and annotated using MARTE profile.
Instanciate a pattern means its application on a specific system (The same pattern may be applied on different systems having the same problem, the instanciation depends on systems caracteristics).
I want to realize an automatic instanciation using EMF concepts.
Is this possible?
Thanks for your reply,
Re: Automatic instanciation of a pattern using EMF concepts [message #1239981 is a reply to message #1239236] Wed, 05 February 2014 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Amina,

You can either use an in-place model-to-model transformation (e.g. using QVTo or ATL), or a model-to-text transformation (e.g. using Xtend or Acceleo).

The first option acts as a "refactoring" (you modify your model by applying a pattern). The second one acts as a "compiler" (you apply the pattern when producing a specific artifact, and the model remains unchanged).

All these tools are not provided directly by EMF, but are built on top of it, and can handle any EMF-based model (including Eclipse UML models, built with or without Papyrus).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Automatic instanciation of a pattern using EMF concepts [message #1240134 is a reply to message #1239981] Wed, 05 February 2014 19:35 Go to previous message
Hi Camille,

You mean that i can instanciate my pattern without making MARTE2Ecore mapping ?
If possible, would you like to give me a tutorial about this. I am a new user of MDE concepts Smile

Thanks for your reply,
Best regards,
Previous Topic:What is the lowest version of Eclipse on which Papyrus can be intalled?
Next Topic:UMLMetaModel extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:45:45 GMT 2024