Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Properties page for Graphiti Pictograms is cryptic(Hoping to override the default toString() method for ContainerShapeImpl)
Properties page for Graphiti Pictograms is cryptic [message #1238631] Sat, 01 February 2014 23:41 Go to next message
Peter Smith is currently offline Peter SmithFriend
Hi all,

I have a Graphiti Diagram with several different types of pictogram registered. I then use the standard org.eclipse.ui.propertyPages extension point to allow the "Properties" menu item to bring up properties pages for these pictograms.

However, when the properties pages are shown, the title always has the form:

Properties for PE: org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.ContainerShapeImpl@7a374e41 (visible:true, active: true).

I'd clearly like to insert my own meaningful title, rather than the default toString() behaviour.

Other than overriding the whole peCreateService() mechanism and creating a ContainerShapeImpl-derived class that has an improved toString(), are there any recommended ways of insert my own properties title?

Thanks,
Peter.

Re: Properties page for Graphiti Pictograms is cryptic [message #1239126 is a reply to message #1238631] Mon, 03 February 2014 12:23 Go to previous message
Soeren M is currently offline Soeren MFriend
I dont know if its the best solution, but the other way around could be to implement your own propertysheet?

http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.graphiti.doc%2Fresources%2Fdocu%2Fgfw%2Fproperty-sheet.htm&cp=26_1_5
Previous Topic:Variation of Drill-Down Feature
Next Topic:Issue in Layouting diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:29:19 GMT 2024