Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Unable to specify a J2SE-1.5 execution environment
Unable to specify a J2SE-1.5 execution environment [message #1237647] Thu, 30 January 2014 08:27
Xavier Coulon is currently offline Xavier CoulonFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to work on a patch for eclipse.jdt.ui and I'm facing a strange issue: I imported the eclipse.jdt.ui projects in my workspace (running Luna M4 on MacOSX 10.9) and I get the following error messages on several projects:

Build path specifies execution environment J2SE-1.5. There are no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible with this environment. 

(some projects require J2SE-1.4, but it's the same problem).

Since MacOSX 10.9 does not come with JDK under version 6, I tried to configure my current JDK7 to match the required execution environment. In the workspace settings>Java>Installed JREs>Execution Environment, I selected Java SE7 as a compatible JRE for the JavaSE-1.5 Execution Environment.

I must still be missing something, because after a full project clean, I still have the same build problems.

Is there anything else I should do ?

Otherwise, would it make sense to update the project settings (including MANIFEST.MF) to set the execution environment to Java6 ? I'm not sure any Luna user will start Eclipse with Java 1.4 or Java5 anyway.

Thanks
Best regards
Xavier

Previous Topic:Plugin for inline expansion of method calls?
Next Topic:Help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:47:53 GMT 2024