Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » EMF Databinding and Zest Graph
EMF Databinding and Zest Graph [message #1237351] Wed, 29 January 2014 13:38 Go to next message
Damien Josh is currently offline Damien JoshFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to use EMF Databinding to hook/link the values of a node of a Zest graph to an EMF object's value? So when the EMF object's value changes that could be used to change the value of the node in the Zest graph.

I know one may use EMF adapters with content providers as a possible alternate solution, but I would like to know whether EMF Databinding will work in this context. Appreciate a reply. Thanks.

Damien
Re: EMF Databinding and Zest Graph [message #1237353 is a reply to message #1237351] Wed, 29 January 2014 13:43 Go to previous message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi,

to my best knowledge, no such adapter was written before. Even worse, it could be non-trivial to develop in in a generic way, as one has to be careful how to define the edges correctly.

On the other hand, we have created something similar for the Viewers component of the EMF-IncQuery project (short description: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMFIncQuery/UserDocumentation/IncQuery_Viewers; Zest-related implementation: http://git.eclipse.org/c/incquery/org.eclipse.incquery.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.incquery.viewers.runtime.zest/src/org/eclipse/incquery/viewers/runtime/zest/sources/AbstractZestContentProvider.java). This can be used as a start to develop your own bound solution.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:Draw Java Swing Components in GEF
Next Topic:Custom window properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:34:28 GMT 2024