Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse with C++ for beginning GUI projects?
Eclipse with C++ for beginning GUI projects? [message #1237170] Wed, 29 January 2014 02:45 Go to next message
Tim Kangas is currently offline Tim KangasFriend
I've done a fair amount of console programming (and still am) but eventually I'm gonna start working with some GUI's. I was wondering if making some GUI apps with C++ in Eclipse is gonna be too hard, or is it gonna be workable?

I've used Borland C++ Builder many years ago and I've read that is a Rapid Application Development tool. Supposedly it's drag and drop simple.

What about Eclipse? Is it hard to get a GUI toolkit configured in? I'm trying to feel out the waters here.
Re: Eclipse with C++ for beginning GUI projects? [message #1244861 is a reply to message #1237170] Thu, 13 February 2014 01:09 Go to previous message
Tim Kangas is currently offline Tim KangasFriend
So what are the toolkits available for Eclipse? I'm aware of QT but I believe that can function as a stand-alone IDE for C++. If a guy wants to build some graphical programs in Eclipse, are there specific GUI toolkits that would need to be installed?
Previous Topic:Indigo GDB Hardware Debugger gdbmi to FreeBSD target
Next Topic:Eclipse does not support simple makefile projects with GLib-2.0 dependencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:13:06 GMT 2024