Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Where does the data binding in Properties-View happen?
Where does the data binding in Properties-View happen? [message #1235852] Sat, 25 January 2014 13:25 Go to next message
Emre T is currently offline Emre TFriend
Hello there, I wanted to take closer look into the Eclipse's standart Properties-View to see how the data binding between its tableviewer (the one with two columns; Property and Value) and selected elements from other ViewParts happen.

I first took PropertySheet.class into focus. But I couldn't understand where the data binding happens. The createPartControl() is the method responsible for the instantiation of the viewpart. There are also further methods for listening/observing the surrounding. But where does the data binding between the viewpart and e.g. structured selection happens?

I was hoping that the Properties View would be a good starting point for my own project. Since it does for the moment exactly what I also want to achieve. I want my JFace tableviewer to be able to use different CellBoxEditoren for different attributes of at-runtime-instantiated structured elements. E.g. the first cellbox of the tableviewer uses a TextCellBoxEditor for String, Int elements for the selection; and the second cellbox of the viewer uses a DropDownBoxEditor e.g. for Boolean elements. By the way all decided at the runtime dependent of various selections.

I hope that was clear enoug, what I want to achieve and I am looking at right direction. Thanks for the replies!

Re: Where does the data binding in Properties-View happen? [message #1236443 is a reply to message #1235852] Mon, 27 January 2014 08:27 Go to previous message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
There's two articles I know about:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Properties-View/properties-view.html

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Tabbed-Properties/tabbed_properties_view.html
Previous Topic:PluginTest runner cannot find test bundle for session test in all but the first session
Next Topic:Linked resources not updated if .project changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:04:20 GMT 2024