Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » save/restore window layout(ResourceHandler and ModelAssembler Problem)
save/restore window layout [message #1234972] Thu, 23 January 2014 09:04 Go to next message
Beat Schaller is currently offline Beat SchallerFriend
We are working on a pure Eclipse 4 business application. Different windows on different monitor should be saved as a defined layout.

I have implemented a ResourceHandler that saves the configuration for each user/machine (no deltas) and restore this configuration when starting. Depending on the definition location of the TrimmedWindow it works - or not. The window defined in Application.e4xmi works fine. With the windows defined in the fragments.e4xmi of the plugins we have a problem:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The selected element org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.basic.impl.TrimmedWindowImpl@7da17da1...must be visible in the UI presentation

If I remove the selectedElement in the <application:Application ..> tag the window is restored. But the x, y, width and height are not correct. After debugging I saw that the ModelAssembler class overwrites this values. If I remove the ModelAssembler in our ResourceHandler just when restoring it works all fine.

Can I just ignore the ModelAssembler when restoring?

Thx for any help on this subject
Beat
Re: save/restore window layout [message #1235194 is a reply to message #1234972] Thu, 23 January 2014 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

The most likely cause is that the MWindow's 'toBeRendered' (TBR) flag has been set to 'false'. In order to qualify to be the 'selectedElement' for a container the element must be:

a) A child of the container (of course)
b) Be in the presentation by having the TBR flag set to true.

There can be a case made that the model's cleanup code should automatically reset the 'selectedElement' field should it become invalid (making it harder to save a corrupt model)...
Re: save/restore window layout [message #1235358 is a reply to message #1235194] Fri, 24 January 2014 06:20 Go to previous message
Beat Schaller is currently offline Beat SchallerFriend
Thx for your response. It is a child (we have 4 TrimmedWindow as children). 3 are TBR false and the selected one is set TBR true and visible true. As I saw in different bugs there seems to be a problem...

But back to my question... If the model is saved and I resore it. Is a need I can't see to process the ModelAssembler?
Previous Topic:Minimize empty PartStack throwing Exception.
Next Topic:reset perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:51:39 GMT 2024