Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Preferences and states per User(Preferences)
Preferences and states per User [message #1233881] Mon, 20 January 2014 18:31 Go to next message
Daniel Branco is currently offline Daniel BrancoFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the preferences and user states in Scout.

As far as we have investigate, Scout seems to use Eclipse Preference storage mechanism normally.

The situation is the following, having the MiniCRM example opening the 2 instances of application through web (RAP), if one anonymous client make changes in the tables the other one after refreshing will see those changes.

So we decide to implement a Basic Security Filter in the RAP and Server config.ini, login with different accounts and remain the same problem, the preference file was overwritten using the same keys, so both users were seeing the changes after refreshing.

My question is how can I save different changes in the UI where only that logged user can see it? I mean a unique preference key per user login.

Furthermore, we were testing the application in SWT to understand if the preference were saved by the client or by the server, and effectively this is done in client, but our interest is to have the preferences centralized in the server and read those preferences no matter where the user logged is, is there any mechanism for this or a hint to do it?

Kind Regards.
Re: Preferences and states per User [message #1234583 is a reply to message #1233881] Wed, 22 January 2014 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi Daniel,
if you search on the forum you found a lot of topic regarding the login and the permission linked with different user.

See this link : http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?SQ=9aa6aa36a23ed5085a4b1f22d339c58a&t=search&srch=login&btn_submit=Search&field=all&forum_limiter=174&attach=0&search_logic=AND&sort_order=DESC&author=

I hope I helped you
Re: Preferences and states per User [message #1234990 is a reply to message #1234583] Thu, 23 January 2014 09:44 Go to previous message
Daniel Branco is currently offline Daniel BrancoFriend
Hi Marco,

First of all thanks for your answer, someone seems to achieve more or less what I want in this post and he has other problems, can you have a look at User preferences implementation?, also in that post I pasted what I implement in the My Storage Service so far.

Kind regards and thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Scout Preferences Implementation
Next Topic:Question about execPrepareAction on desktop menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:39:03 GMT 2024