Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Building Features Independently(Designing Features that can build independently )
icon3.gif  Building Features Independently [message #1233827] Mon, 20 January 2014 15:33
Trent Vigar is currently offline Trent VigarFriend

So my development team currently has features and products building and being uploaded to our P2 repo site successfully.

We currently have 50+ features, some consist of just a few or even 1 plugin, and some consist of a few hundred plugins (our core features).

The problem we have, is that we can't build most of our features independently because they require a few of our core features, so we would have to build the core features first (and sometimes a few others). Building this aggregate feature project takes almost an hour.

I'm not sure how the eclipse platform does it, but does anybody know of a good way to get these features so we can build them independently without copying all the plugins from our core features into our features that require them?

I could provide more specific information if the need be.

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Mon, 20 January 2014 15:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:FeaturesAndBundles p2 repo content not visible in target platform
Next Topic:How to Change Target Path for Downloaded data from P2 repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:57:44 GMT 2024