Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Photran refactoring(Unable to get Photran refactoring to work)
icon5.gif  Photran refactoring [message #1233106] Sat, 18 January 2014 17:01 Go to next message
Peter Richards is currently offline Peter RichardsFriend
I am trying out Photran 7 for the first time and am struggling trying to get the refactoring working. I have gone tp Properties->Fortran General->Analysis Refactoring and enabled refactoring. I then wrote a trival program and tried to refactor a variable name.

Firstly selecting and right clicking does not appear to bring up a refactoring option. I then tried Shit-Alt-R which does bring up a rename dialog box, and under that a greyed out "Progress Information" window which permanently shows "In Progress". When I change the variable name and click on okay the rename dialog shows the messages "Found problems" and "The fixed form file entry.for will not be factored" (entry.for is the name of the module). The highlighted variable name is changed but not its other occurences.

I have tried this on Windows and Linux and get exactly the same result - I have attached screen shots. If anyone can spot what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful.
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 28.99KB, Downloaded 150 times)
  • Attachment: rename-window.png
    (Size: 199.12KB, Downloaded 175 times)
Re: Photran refactoring [message #1233153 is a reply to message #1233106] Sat, 18 January 2014 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 01/18/2014 10:22 AM, Peter Richards wrote:
> I am trying out Photran 7 for the first time and am struggling trying to get the refactoring working. I have gone tp Properties->Fortran General->Analysis Refactoring and enabled refactoring. I then wrote a trival program and tried to refactor a variable name.
>
> Firstly selecting and right clicking does not appear to bring up a refactoring option. I then tried Shit-Alt-R which does bring up a rename dialog box, and under that a greyed out "Progress Information" window which permanently shows "In Progress". When I change the variable name and click on okay the rename dialog shows the messages "Found problems" and "The fixed form file entry.for will not be factored" (entry.for is the name of the module). The highlighted variable name is changed but not its other occurences.
>
> I have tried this on Windows and Linux and get exactly the same result - I have attached screen shots. If anyone can spot what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful.

Photran appears to be a subcomponent of the Eclipse Parallel Tools
Platform. That community hosts its forum as an e-mail list. See here.

http://www.eclipse.org/photran/mailinglists.php

My suggestion is that you ask your question in that forum for best results.

Cheers.
Re: Photran refactoring [message #1233907 is a reply to message #1233153] Mon, 20 January 2014 20:20 Go to previous message
Peter Richards is currently offline Peter RichardsFriend
Thanks - will do.
Previous Topic:Cocoa SWT Not working?
Next Topic:Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.poi.dev.OOXMLLister
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:36:11 GMT 2024