Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Is it possible to export just the server product(With out the client zip file)
Is it possible to export just the server product [message #1232212] Thu, 16 January 2014 12:55 Go to next message
Dominic Hanlan is currently offline Dominic HanlanFriend
Hi,

title says it all really. Just the server war file with out the embedded client zip file.

Regards
Re: Is it possible to export just the server product [message #1232237 is a reply to message #1232212] Thu, 16 January 2014 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I assume that you are using the „Export Scout Project..." feature.

In Step 1, select just the Scout Server:
index.php/fa/17265/0/

In my opinion the Scout Client should not be included...

I will need to check with someone from the SDK Team, because in my case the client was included...

Re: Is it possible to export just the server product [message #1232598 is a reply to message #1232237] Fri, 17 January 2014 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominic Hanlan is currently offline Dominic HanlanFriend
Hi,
yes this is the step I took and yes the client is always included. It's not a great problem it just make updating a remote system with just a "server" update more time consuming.

Regards.
Re: Is it possible to export just the server product [message #1233773 is a reply to message #1232598] Mon, 20 January 2014 12:47 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Dominic,

I confirm: currently it is not possible to only export the server. As written in the description of the checkbox, the client will be included if available.

There are two possible workarounds:
1. You can remove the exported client manually after the export is completed.
2. You can close all projects that contain the client products before exporting.

It would be nice to have an option in the wizard to exclude/include the client. If this would help you, please feel free to file a bug for this.

kind regards
m
Previous Topic:Milestone 3.10.0-M4
Next Topic:Drag & Drop issue ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:50:46 GMT 2024