Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Load EPL patterns in Eclipse Run configurations
Load EPL patterns in Eclipse Run configurations [message #1231793] Wed, 15 January 2014 12:14 Go to next message
Joost van Pinxten is currently offline Joost van PinxtenFriend
Hey guys,

It's possible to execute a .epl file on a set of models through the "Run configurations" dialog, but then the matches cannot be used in a transformation yet (other than through the onmatch and nomatch statements).

It's also possible to execute a .epl file and use the resulting matches as a model through an ANT task (as indicated in the Epsilon book $11.5). However, is it also possible to achieve the same through the Eclipse "Run configurations" dialogs?

I've not been able to find a syntactical way of 'importing' the model into a .eol (or .etl) file either (but I guess that wouldn't make much sense anyway?).

Perhaps this is difficult to add, due to the restriction that the referenced models may need to be specified twice? (Once for the .eol, once for the .epl? and therefore may not be the same model instance for the two scripts) The current "Run configurations" interface may not be sufficient to achieve this.

Am I missing something here? Or should I create a feature request on the bugzilla?

Cheers,
Joost
Re: Load EPL patterns in Eclipse Run configurations [message #1231806 is a reply to message #1231793] Wed, 15 January 2014 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Joost,

EPL pattern matches can indeed be made available to subsequent Epsilon programs only through the ANT tasks or the Java API. I can't immediately see a straightforward way to add this capability to the "run configurations" interface but any thoughts would be more than welcome.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Load EPL patterns in Eclipse Run configurations [message #1231812 is a reply to message #1231806] Wed, 15 January 2014 13:15 Go to previous message
Joost van Pinxten is currently offline Joost van PinxtenFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Feature request posted: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=425755

If I can spend some more time on this, I'll try to come up with a way that does not need a lot of work, but could still be useful (as an initial version). I am currently thinking about the consequences of splitting the registering of the models and the referencing (they are 'automatically' referenced now).

Cheers,
Joost
Previous Topic:[Eugenia] Labels for references
Next Topic:[Eugenia] Set default value for a feature of List type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:45:15 GMT 2024