Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » CallBack Object creation in Host plugin
CallBack Object creation in Host plugin [message #1226953] Fri, 03 January 2014 06:28 Go to next message
Harikrishna M is currently offline Harikrishna MFriend
Hi All
I understand that the host plug-in which defines the extension point should instantiate the callback objects . My question is how does eclipse know which class in the host plug-in is the extension processor ?. Should the extension processor class implement some interface with which eclipse runtime identifies ?. Kindly enlighten on this.
Re: CallBack Object creation in Host plugin [message #1229588 is a reply to message #1226953] Thu, 09 January 2014 19:34 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Quote:
My question is how does eclipse know which class in the host plug-in is the extension processor ?

To the best of my knowledge: it doesn't.

It's the responsibility of the host plugin to explicitly read and evaluate the registered extensions, which usually starts with a phrase like:

Platform.getExtensionRegistry().getExtensionPoint(MY_PLUGIN_ID, MY_EXTENSION_POINT_ID);

If you search for that code pattern, you should find plenty of examples.

Also look for IConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(propertyName)

HTH,
Stephan
Previous Topic:Re: How eclipse realize it's dataflow related functions?
Next Topic:Rename package programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:18:53 GMT 2024