Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Tracepoints ARM Android(Trace can not be run on this target)
Tracepoints ARM Android [message #1226046] Tue, 31 December 2013 14:10 Go to next message
joe liccese is currently offline joe licceseFriend
I'm trying to use the Tracepoint feature within Eclipse Indigo (3.7) for remote debugging with GDB Automatic Remote Debugging Launcher. I've enabled traces within the preferences / c/c++ / debug / gdb and have set tracepoints and associated actions, however, when attached to the remote gdbserver the Trace Control icons remain disabled (all are grayed out).

My setup is that I'm running Eclipse Indigo on Linux 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 (uname -a). The Eclipse Debugger Remote Application launches "arm-linux-androideabi-gdb" version:
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3-android-github.com/darchons
This GDB was configured as "--host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf-linux"
which connects via TCP to the remote gdbserver running on an ARM A8 (TI Davinci), which is running Android 4.0.3 (ro.build.version.sdk=15) on top of Linux 2.6.37 armv7l (uname -a).

The gdbserver version is:
GNU gdbserver (GDB) 7.3-android-github.com/darchons
This gdbserver was configured as "arm-linux-androideabi"
and the startup command used is: gdbserver --multi :10000 --attach <pid>, where <pid> is the process id of the process to be debugged.

If I execute "tstatus" from the Eclipse gdb terminal, the response is "Trace can not be run on this target".

Are tracepoints simply not supported on ARM architecture and / or Android OS? If tracepoints are supported in the noted setup then what am I missing?
Re: Tracepoints ARM Android [message #1470828 is a reply to message #1226046] Wed, 12 November 2014 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artemis Papakonstantinou is currently offline Artemis PapakonstantinouFriend
Did you have any progress on that?
I am trying to debug a Cortex-M0 target and I also get "Trace can not be run on this target."
Re: Tracepoints ARM Android [message #1470839 is a reply to message #1470828] Wed, 12 November 2014 17:23 Go to previous message
joe liccese is currently offline joe licceseFriend
It was determined that gdbserver itself does not support tracepoints.
Previous Topic:Library path
Next Topic:Eclipse isn't working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:39:17 GMT 2024