Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Eclipse technical question(Eclipse doesn't print anything else than main class)
icon9.gif  Eclipse technical question [message #1224708] Fri, 27 December 2013 14:58 Go to next message
Stefan Hristow is currently offline Stefan HristowFriend
I need to check if my other methods are working and cannot print them on the Console.
When I hit f11 on the console is printed only what is in the main method? Is there anything I can do in order to fix this? Please advise.
Also When I delete the main class it gives me error message that it cannot find the class, its like I made it to print only the main method somehow.
Re: Eclipse technical question [message #1224949 is a reply to message #1224708] Sat, 28 December 2013 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Are you developing an Eclipse Scout Application? This forum is about Eclipse Scout.

According to this Stackoverflow question, you can define in the preferences how F11 should react.

If you try to run/debug an Eclipse Scout Application, you do not see the "main" class. Have a look at Run the Empty Scout Application in the Scout SDK to see how to launch the application (product based launcher)

Depending on your F11 settings, you might be able to rerun the last configuration.

If you use System.out.println(..) in your code [it is not recommended in a productive application but fine for debugging], the output will be displayed in the Eclipse console. You can of course also use a logger (more information: Logging in Scout Applications).
Re: Eclipse technical question [message #1225020 is a reply to message #1224949] Sat, 28 December 2013 12:48 Go to previous message
Stefan Hristow is currently offline Stefan HristowFriend
Ok Thank you Smile
Previous Topic:Custom security filter calling a scout service
Next Topic:Problem using DOCX4J for word conversion to PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:43:57 GMT 2024