Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Class loading issue in Jubula in my RCP UAT (Fail to load class named 'org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.commands.ConnectToClientCommand')
Class loading issue in Jubula in my RCP UAT [message #1222024] Thu, 19 December 2013 13:24 Go to next message
Johann DUPUIS is currently offline Johann DUPUISFriend
Hi All,

I would like to use Jubula with my RCP based product.
I've followed this tutorial (see www.rcp-vision.com/?p=1506&lang=en) and Eclipse documentation (for example).

I can see in my RCP product (About box>Installation Details>Plug-ins) that following plugins are deployed:
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.common
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e4
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e4.swt
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.swt

At RCP product startup (with autrun.exe) some messages related to logback/jubula.

Same issue occurs with RCP version 4.2.1 and 4.3.1.
Jubula version is 7.2 (2.2.0.201310100933).

In 'rc_rcp.log', I get the following error:
2013-12-19 12:15:07.512 [Connection.ReaderThread:Socket[addr=DIENB047.clear2pay.com/10.1.40.212,port=56311,localport=56312]] ERROR o.e.j.communication.Communicator - received message with unknown command
org.eclipse.jubula.communication.UnknownCommandException: creating an ICommand sharedInstance for org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.commands.ConnectToClientCommand failed: Fail to load class named 'org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.commands.ConnectToClientCommand'
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.CommandFactory.createCommandObject(CommandFactory.java:82) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator.createCommand(Communicator.java:341) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator.access$3(Communicator.java:338) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator$ConnectionListener.received(Communicator.java:837) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection.fireMessageReceived(Connection.java:402) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection.access$2(Connection.java:391) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection$ReaderThread.run(Connection.java:454) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]

This error occur at time I press on the Camera Icon (Start Observation Mode) to record my Test Case.

While this class is located in the Jubula plugin (plugins\org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_2.2.0.201310100933.jar\bundles\org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.common_2.2.0.201310100933.jar\lib\org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.jar\org\eclipse\jubula\rc\common\commands\ConnectToClientCommand.class).

Any hint about what is wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 December 2013 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Class loading issue in Jubula in my RCP UAT [message #1228075 is a reply to message #1222024] Mon, 06 January 2014 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

I've not seen this before - can you provide some more details:
- does the error result in you not being able to record?
- can you perform object mapping in the AUT without a problem?
- if you follow the "First Steps" cheat sheet (Help-Cheat Sheets), can you get the test to run?

Thanks for any further info you can provide,
Alex
Re: Class loading issue in Jubula in my RCP UAT [message #1228586 is a reply to message #1228075] Tue, 07 January 2014 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johann DUPUIS is currently offline Johann DUPUISFriend
hi Alex,

Quote:
- Does the error result in you not being able to record?

Due to that error I fail to record.

Quote:
- can you perform object mapping in the AUT without a problem?

The very same error occur when I click on "Start Object Mapping mode" while running the AUT started with autrun (and the AUT Agent running).

Quote:
- if you follow the "First Steps" cheat sheet (Help-Cheat Sheets), can you get the test to run?

I've run successfully the test based on Swing AUT - SimpleAdder.

I've tried with my own RCP application with a very basic test for which no object mapping/recording is required (i.e. only ub_app_checkExistenceOfWindow followed by up_app_activate_AUTDefault) and it results in very same error:

Quote:

2014-01-07 15:12:01.880 [Connection.ReaderThread:Socket[addr=DIENB047.clear2pay.com/10.1.40.198,port=61749,localport=61750]] ERROR o.e.j.communication.Communicator - received message with unknown command
org.eclipse.jubula.communication.UnknownCommandException: creating an ICommand sharedInstance for org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.commands.ConnectToClientCommand failed: Fail to load class named 'org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.commands.ConnectToClientCommand'
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.CommandFactory.createCommandObject(CommandFactory.java:82) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator.createCommand(Communicator.java:341) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator.access$3(Communicator.java:338) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator$ConnectionListener.received(Communicator.java:837) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection.fireMessageReceived(Connection.java:402) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection.access$2(Connection.java:391) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection$ReaderThread.run(Connection.java:454) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]

I have to mention that we are setting a custom classloader with #setContextClassLoader(). This classloader is a custom implementation (which can load some resources/classes from a database) that is instanciated with a parent classloader that has loaded my main plugin activator class.
=> This might result in classloading issue since I noticed in 'org.eclipse.jubula.communication.CommandFactory':
Quote:

if (this.m_classLoader != null) {
commandClass = this.m_classLoader.loadClass(commandClassName);
} else {
commandClass = Class.forName(commandClassName);
}

Thank you for your help.
Re: Class loading issue in Jubula in my RCP AUT [message #1228891 is a reply to message #1228586] Wed, 08 January 2014 09:43 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Thanks for the extra information. I grabbed myself one of the developers to have a look at this too - but to find out what is happening and if anything can be done, we'd need much more detailed information: how the classloading has been modified and at what levels, and we'd also most likely have to debug through the application. Both of these things are services that we can only offer as support packages because of the high complexity and specificity. I'm sorry that we can't help further in this format, but if you'd like to have the team analyse this in more depth, then you can have a look at BREDEX's support options, or contact us via the portal.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:How can i get Unassigned Technical Name..?
Next Topic:Spontanous error message from Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:33:01 GMT 2024