Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore
SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore [message #1221745] Wed, 18 December 2013 10:49 Go to next message
Dominic Hanlan is currently offline Dominic HanlanFriend
Hi,

I am using Scout 3.9 with the SWT product as my target. I have the initial size set to 400, 700 in the preWinowOpen, see below. This is basically ignored. I can put any values in here and it always comes up the same size.

Also I have tried removing this initial size and using the SWT save and restore set true. This also has no effect, the application always comes up the same size.

Any pointers??

/Dominic

@Override
  public void preWindowOpen() {
    IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer configurer = getWindowConfigurer();
    configurer.setInitialSize(new Point(400, 700));
    configurer.setShowCoolBar(ApplicationActionBarAdvisor.NUM_OUTLINE_BUTTONS > 0);
    configurer.setShowStatusLine(true);
    configurer.setShowProgressIndicator(true);
    configurer.setShowMenuBar(true);
    configurer.setShowPerspectiveBar(false);
    configurer.setShowFastViewBars(false);
  }

@Override
  public void initialize(IWorkbenchConfigurer configurer) {
    super.initialize(configurer);
    configurer.setExitOnLastWindowClose(false);
    configurer.setSaveAndRestore(true);
  }

Re: SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore [message #1221860 is a reply to message #1221745] Wed, 18 December 2013 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
You tell you are using Scout 3.9, but what is your Eclipse Runtime Version (4.x or 3.x)?

If you are using a 4.3 Eclipse Runtime, have a look at:
Set the size of a SWT Application
Re: SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore [message #1221994 is a reply to message #1221860] Thu, 19 December 2013 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the Help->About I'm using Eclipse RCP 4.3.v10130605-2000
Re: SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore [message #1221998 is a reply to message #1221994] Thu, 19 December 2013 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
If you are using a 4.3 runtime, the input mentioned by Matthias Nick in the other forum thread should work.

Be aware that the Eclipse Runtime you use in your Eclipse IDE, is not necessary the same as the one your Scout Application gets started with. (A Scout Application also relies on an Eclipse Runtime).
It depends if you have set a target platform or not.
Re: SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore [message #1222012 is a reply to message #1221998] Thu, 19 December 2013 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the Scout I'm using is the standard download for 3.9 Kepler. There was no target definition set so I set that to the Running Platform. Still no difference, the size is ignored.

How would I check that the runtime is 4.x?

/Dominic
Re: SWT product ignoring initial size and save and restore [message #1234158 is a reply to message #1222012] Tue, 21 January 2014 11:16 Go to previous message
Adrian Sacchi is currently offline Adrian SacchiFriend
Hello Dominic

This seems to be a SWT-Bug in the eclipse platform that will apparently be fixed with the Kepler SR2 release which is scheduled for end of February.

On January 24th a first release candidate (RC1) for this SR2 will be available at eclipses download page.
Previous Topic:Drag & Drop issue ?
Next Topic:Row filters of tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:52:55 GMT 2024