Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Share workspace between Mac OSX and Windows 7?
Share workspace between Mac OSX and Windows 7? [message #1220529] Thu, 12 December 2013 11:21 Go to next message
Arnstein Kleven is currently offline Arnstein KlevenFriend
I'm trying to share a workspace between Mac OSX and Windows 7(and also Arch Linux, when Google Drive gets a real release there), but then I have to change the location of the SDK folder everytime I go to a different OS. Is it possible to make several default locations for the SDK, so it can test those 2/3 locations to see if it's there, and then if it's not in any of those, show the message?

Re: Share workspace between Mac OSX and Windows 7? [message #1220646 is a reply to message #1220529] Thu, 12 December 2013 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Don't share workspaces, share projects. Workspaces aren't designed to be shared between workstations much less across operating systems. Projects however are designed to be portable. Put your projects in the Google Drive folder and then import them into a workspace on each workstation. Note, that you will likely need to manually refresh your projects when switching platforms so that Eclipse can recognize that files were changed by the Eclipse running on the other platform.
Re: Share workspace between Mac OSX and Windows 7? [message #1220655 is a reply to message #1220646] Thu, 12 December 2013 22:19 Go to previous message
Arnstein Kleven is currently offline Arnstein KlevenFriend
Thanks for that tip!
Previous Topic:RTSC Package - Required files identification
Next Topic: no swt-gtk-3740 in java.library.path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:29:41 GMT 2024