Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » [RCP/P2] Bundle could not be resolved: another singletion version selected [solved]
[RCP/P2] Bundle could not be resolved: another singletion version selected [solved] [message #1219905] Fri, 06 December 2013 15:19
Alan DW is currently offline Alan DWFriend
Hello everyone,

today, my Eclipse has decided to show me yet another one of those "exceptions that I have never seen before" from its endless pool. Here it is:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.0.v20120522-1841 [1042]" could not be resolved. Reason: Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.1.v20120926-201320, Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.1.v20120926-201320
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1332)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1316)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:323)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

This is followed by a *lot* of other exceptions, and no stack trace contains any of my custom classes:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.8.0.v20120521-2346 [868]" could not be resolved. Reason: Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.8.0.v20120912-155025, Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.8.0.v20120912-155025

org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "CommandServiceAddon#init()": no actual value was found for the argument "IEclipseContext".

org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "CommandProcessingAddon.commandService": no actual value was found for the argument "ECommandService".

org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "BindingProcessingAddon.commandService": no actual value was found for the argument "ECommandService".

... which is followed by dozens of "bundle ... could not be resolved" messages.

This all happens when I try to launch my RCP application. The *very same* application used to start and work just fine a couple of months ago, and the source code has been entirely untouched since then - which is why I'm so very puzzled about the errors above. I do admit that I have installed a couple of new plug-ins to my Eclipse since then, but they should not really affect the RCP because I'm using a custom build target (which also used to work fine).

Does anybody have any idea what could potentially cause this and/or how to fix it? I'm really stuck here because I can't figure out what Eclipse is trying to tell me. None of my plug-ins that constitute my RCP application references any of the problematic bundles above direclty, and I never specified any bundle version explicitly. According to the plug-in manager, for every bundle stated above, there is only *one* version installed, so I really have no clue on what Eclipse is complaining about.

I'm currently running Juno SR2, any chance that this problem might go away if I upgrade to Kepler?

Thanks,

Alan

EDIT: I upgraded to Kepler, and surprisingly the error is gone and my RCP application is working perfectly as it used to a couple of months ago. It seems that some update to Juno in the meantime has caused some incompatibilities between library versions.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 December 2013 16:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Overview ruler and table viewer
Next Topic:Common Navigator Framework - Renaming a node
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:13:12 GMT 2024