Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Transitive dependencies in target platform are not resolved when running JUnit Test (not as plug-in)
Transitive dependencies in target platform are not resolved when running JUnit Test (not as plug-in) [message #1219623] Thu, 05 December 2013 01:11
Doug Janzen is currently offline Doug JanzenFriend
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, and haven't found any related posts on this...

I have several Java projects that are setup to run in both in OSGi and non-OSGi environments. When running tests as JUnit Plug-in tests all the dependencies from the target platform are resolved and everything works fine. But when I run the same JUnit tests not using OSGi then any dependencies that aren't directly referenced from my projects aren't on the classpath, even though they're definitely in the target platform.

The JUnit launch configuration is setup to include all Plug-in dependencies on the classpath, and I'm able to run this code successfully in non OSGi mode using Maven/Tycho (i.e. there's nothing about the code that requires OSGi to be present).

I can fix this by explicitly adding the transitive dependencies as additional.bundles to the build.properties of the test bundle, but that's not a great fix since it requires a large amount of overhead to manage dependencies there.

Any insight into how to get my tests to run without changing build.properties would be greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic:Build Path vs. CLASSPATH
Next Topic:Relative APT factory paths?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:41:17 GMT 2024