Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Prevent source tab from cloning on debug
Prevent source tab from cloning on debug [message #1219593] Wed, 04 December 2013 19:29 Go to next message
Casper Børgesen is currently offline Casper BørgesenFriend
I use Eclipse 4.2.1 with PyDev 2.8.2 to develop Python programs.
I have updated both and now use Eclipse Kepler SR1 with PyDev 3.0.0 to develop Python programs.

When I start to debug my python script, I do so by pressing F11. When Python is up and running and my debug session begins, a new tab opens with a copy of the script I started to debug. The debug session take place in the new opened tab.

When I have finished my debugging, I have to save any changes I have made and close the new tab my self. If I don't close the tab and try to create a new debug session using this tab, Eclipse ask me how to "Debug as" and select between two "Ants build"s.

I don't remember when this began or what I did at that time, so I have no idea how to reverse back to when my debugging took place in the tab I had focus on and not a copy of that tab.

Can anybody help me get rid of this opening-a-new-tab-when-debugging?

[Updated on: Wed, 04 December 2013 19:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Prevent source tab from cloning on debug [message #1281004 is a reply to message #1219593] Mon, 31 March 2014 08:01 Go to previous message
David Zejda is currently offline David ZejdaFriend
Hello! I'm experiencing the same behaviour in Eclipse 3.8, PyDev 3.4.

Whenever the debugger reaches a breakpoint, the .py file gets open in a separate tab. Actually, I work on a web2py application. E.g. for a "db.py" file in "models" of "myapp" application the original tab shows "db (applications.myapp.models)", whereas the other tab, opened by the debugger, is "db (myapp.myapp.models)". Debugging works well, but this behaviour is quite annoying, because it requires to sync the two tabs after every edit.

Please, did you find a solution?
Thanks!
David
Previous Topic:Life cycle of an object constructed via DI
Next Topic:StackRenderer - Question/Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:12:00 GMT 2024