Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT 4.2.1 Freezes on Parameter Selection Page
BIRT 4.2.1 Freezes on Parameter Selection Page [message #1219555] Wed, 04 December 2013 15:47 Go to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
I have BIRT installed on three computers. Everything works fine on one of the computers. The other two computers always freeze when the "Parameter Selection Page" loads for a report with parameters. All 3 computers are running Windows 7.

I've attached a screenshot of the behavior that I see on the computers with the freeze on the "Parameter Selection Page" and a sample report which exhibits the freezing behavior.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas about how to fix it? I tried running eclipse as an administrator on the problematic computers and the problem persisted so it doesn't seem to be a permissions issue (the working computer does not run eclipse as an administrator either).
Re: BIRT 4.2.1 Freezes on Parameter Selection Page [message #1219560 is a reply to message #1219555] Wed, 04 December 2013 16:00 Go to previous message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
After doing some additional research, I figured out the problem. All the broken computers are running Internet Explorer 11 and the working computer has an older version. I applied the following two lines to my eclipse.ini (per a suggestion from bug 422056) and the problem was fixed:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=ie
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=7000
Previous Topic:Display the value of sqlText when building dynamic SQL
Next Topic:BIRT charting engine - any improvements with 4.3.1 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:47:27 GMT 2024