Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » "Open" and "Open with" missing in context menu [additional info]
"Open" and "Open with" missing in context menu [additional info] [message #1219144] Mon, 02 December 2013 11:09
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
I have a strange problem. When I start my product from the product configuration (Launch an Eclipse configuration), the "Open" and "Open with" context menu entries are missing. When double clicking a node in the project explorer, it simply expands instead of opening the defined editor. The custom editor launcher is not even called, although its defining bundle is started correctly.

When I set the launch configuration to include everything, it works fine.

What is missing here? What additional plug-ins do I have to start?

EDIT: I investigated this some more.

When I start with a clean workspace, open the PDE menu spy (Shift-Alt-F2), select a menu item and open its class, I get a folder named "External Plug-In Libraries". After this, Open and Open With are there, and even stay there when restarting the product. When I start a new workspace, they are missing again.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 December 2013 13:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP [Linux]: Missing requirements when running RCP while they are in "Plugin dependenci
Next Topic:Disable property tab contributed from navigator plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:20:53 GMT 2024