Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo
Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo [message #18816] Tue, 27 May 2008 14:26
Mikhail Kadan is currently offline Mikhail KadanFriend
------=_Part_9241_27684446.1211898395648
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi.

Found another strange issue.

In my target platform I have two versions of "org.eclipse.emf.common":
1) 2.3.0
2) 2.3.2

Issue #1: When I try to resolve "org.eclipse.emf.common" w/o version
specification, Buckminster gives me "2.3.0" version. Strange, cause it has
to give me the latest version, am I right?

Issue #2: When I try to resolve "org.eclipse.emf.common" with version
specification set to "[2.3.1,3.0.0)", Buckminster returns an error. Log
says:

org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resolver rmap
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Version
2.3.0.v200709252135 rejected: not designated by [2.3.1,3.0.0)
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Rejecting provider
eclipse.platform(plugin/${buckminster.component}): No component match was
found
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resource map
file:/C:/Work/workspaces/xdoc/bm/xdoc.rmap
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: No searchPath was
found with a matching pattern
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resolver
cloudsmith

So, based on this two issues, I think Buckminster ignores my second plugin.
I guess Buckminster's "eclipse.platform" support only one version of plugin,
and he takes the first one in lexicographical order?

What can be done to fix this issue? Or I just have to remove old plugins
from my target platform? :-)

Thanks.

ps I've used "Refresh Meta-data" button from Buckminster preferences, but it
didn't help too :'(

2008/5/26, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se>:
>
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> Mikhail Kadan wrote:
>
>>
>> So I can made a conclusion, that Buckminster also searches his "native"
>> target platform (target platform which was used to start Eclipse), and if it
>> finds a match here, which has bigger version than others, it will try to
>> materialize this plugin from "native" platform.
>>
> Yes, your conclusion is correct.
>
> How can I set Buckminster not to look in his "native" target platform for
>> plugins?
>>
> You declare an advisory node in the component query where you omit the
> target platform from the resolution scope (see the "Resolution Scope" pane
> under the "Advisor node" tab in the CQUERY editor.
>
>
>>
>> ps By the way, can anyone provide example how "eclipse.platform" reader
>> works? I've tried such RMAP but couldn't get it to work:
>>
>> The "eclipse.platform" reader type is for internal use only. You should
> not use it in an RMAP.
>
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren
>
> _______________________________________________
> buckminster-dev mailing list
> buckminster-dev@eclipse.org
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev
>

------=_Part_9241_27684446.1211898395648
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi.<br><br>Found another strange issue.<br><br>In my target platform I have two versions of &quot;org.eclipse.emf.common&quot;:<br>1) 2.3.0<br>2) 2.3.2<br><br>Issue #1: When I try to resolve &quot;org.eclipse.emf.common&quot; w/o version specification, Buckminster gives me &quot;2.3.0&quot; version. Strange, cause it has to give me the latest version, am I right? <br>
<br>Issue #2: When I try to resolve &quot;org.eclipse.emf.common&quot; with version specification set to &quot;[2.3.1,3.0.0)&quot;, Buckminster returns an error. Log says:<br><br>...<br>org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resolver rmap<br>
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Version 2.3.0.v200709252135 rejected: not designated by [2.3.1,3.0.0)<br>org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(plugin/${buckminster.component}): No component match was found<br>
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resource map file:/C:/Work/workspaces/xdoc/bm/xdoc.rmap<br>org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: No searchPath was found with a matching pattern<br>
org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resolver cloudsmith<br>...<br><br>So, based on this two issues, I think Buckminster ignores my second plugin. I guess Buckminster&#39;s &quot;eclipse.platform&quot; support only one version of plugin, and he takes the first one in lexicographical order? <br>
<br>What can be done to fix this issue? Or I just have to remove old plugins from my target platform? :-)<br><br>Thanks.<br><br><br>ps I&#39;ve used &quot;Refresh Meta-data&quot; button from Buckminster preferences, but it didn&#39;t help too :&#39;( <br>
<br><div><span class="gmail_quote">2008/5/26, Thomas Hallgren &lt;<a href="mailto:thomas@tada.se">thomas@tada.se</a>&gt;:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; margin-left: 0.80ex; border-left-color: #cccccc; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; padding-left: 1ex">
Hi Mikhail,<span class="q"><br><br> Mikhail Kadan wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0.80ex; border-left-color: #cccccc; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; padding-left: 1ex">
<br> So I can made a conclusion, that Buckminster also searches his &quot;native&quot; target platform (target platform which was used to start Eclipse), and if it finds a match here, which has bigger version than others, it will try to materialize this plugin from &quot;native&quot; platform.<br>
</blockquote></span> Yes, your conclusion is correct.<span class="q"><br><br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0.80ex; border-left-color: #cccccc; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; padding-left: 1ex">
How can I set Buckminster not to look in his &quot;native&quot; target platform for plugins?<br></blockquote></span> You declare an advisory node in the component query where you omit the target platform from the resolution scope (see the &quot;Resolution Scope&quot; pane under the &quot;Advisor node&quot; tab in the CQUERY editor.<span class="q"><br>
<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0.80ex; border-left-color: #cccccc; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; padding-left: 1ex"><br><br> ps By the way, can anyone provide example how &quot;eclipse.platform&quot; reader works? I&#39;ve tried such RMAP but couldn&#39;t get it to work:<br>
<br></blockquote></span> The &quot;eclipse.platform&quot; reader type is for internal use only. You should not use it in an RMAP.<br><br><br> Regards,<br> Thomas Hallgren<br><br> _______________________________________________<br>
buckminster-dev mailing list<br><a href="mailto:buckminster-dev@eclipse.org" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">buckminster-dev@eclipse.org</a><br><a href="https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br>

------=_Part_9241_27684446.1211898395648--
Previous Topic:[buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native" t
Next Topic:Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:21:34 GMT 2024