Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » [P2] Difficulties when trying to authenticate against P2 repos
[P2] Difficulties when trying to authenticate against P2 repos [message #1211508] Tue, 26 November 2013 13:23
Victor Roldan Betancort is currently offline Victor Roldan BetancortFriend
Hello All,

we've experiencing difficulties when trying to authenticate against a P2 repository behind an HTTP server requesting authentication. It's not clear to us how to achieve this.

Our scenario is the following. We have Target Platform Definitions pointing to P2 Repositories in an Artifactory server (for our concern, basically a P2 Site requiring authentication). We use buckminster to build our RCP based on our own components, available in our internal P2 repositories. However, its not clear how I should pass credentials to Buckminster to authenticate gainst the P2 Repositories.

- At Bucky level, there is no exposed API to provide credentials.

- At P2 level, (please correct me if wrong) there seem to be 2 options:
a) Secure Storage. Not implemented in Linux, unfortunately.
b) Rely on transport layer (ECF HTTP implementation).

- ECF: not sure how credentials are provided to ECF. So far, we tried the old trick or passing credentials in the URL. Unfortunately, this is not supported (see http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/612418/)

So I'd like to ask what are the options to provide credentials when resolving P2 Sites that require it, best practices...

Thanks in advance!
Víctor Roldán [Open Canarias]
Previous Topic:Missing Configuration Admin (org.eclipse.equinox.cm) Bundle/Plugin in Kepler
Next Topic:Unable to load ImageIO on Macosx java 1.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:17:30 GMT 2024