Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug(xdebug, eclipse, php, debugger)
Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug [message #1198782] Wed, 20 November 2013 14:04 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hi,

i have some issue to correctly setup the PHP debugger in Eclipse Kepler SR1 build 20130919-0819.

[ I don't know if this is the right place, so please moderators, if it's not the correct place, just move this post to the appropriate forum. thx. ]

my web server is a virtual machine with a particular fixed IP address, where xdebug is installed. Server works perfectly now since 1,5 year.

i had to reinstall Eclipse platform on my computer and unfortunately i lost the settings for remote debugging.

i watched several youtube videos how to setup everything on server (virtual machine) and on my local computer (the debugging machine), however i have some issue while debugging.

i use Chrome and firefox with xdebug plugins to catch the breakpoints.

when FF or chrome trigger the breakpoint, eclipse get the focus and display the message attached as attachment.
index.php/fa/16781/0/

i guess my issue is when i setup the Windows > Preferences > PHP > Debug > PHP Servers.

Has someone already been successful to that ?

I need your help.

thx

[Updated on: Thu, 21 November 2013 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug [message #1201917 is a reply to message #1198782] Fri, 22 November 2013 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
>No appropriate file located or no file selected. Debug Terminated
It simply means there is no corresponding file(local copy) in your workspace.
Xdebug is working fine and PDT is receiving debug-messages properly, but PDT could not find out the debugging target php file in your workspace.
Re: Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug [message #1207098 is a reply to message #1201917] Sun, 24 November 2013 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx for your answer.

Here it's what i've done.

1. as my webserver works under fedora in a virtual machine and my debugging machine is under Windows 7, i install a sshfs manager too to map the linux web root of the project as a windows drive "T".
2. Next step i create a new project based on source file that i can get from mapped drive T.
3. i set up debugger information as server mapping.
4. i setup breakpoint
5. i run the web page in chrome with xdebug plugins to trigger the breakpoint once on the function to debug.

unfortunately no breakpoint is triggered from remote debugging.
I did the same with another IDE (PHPStrom trial version) and it worked in 5 minutes. I would rather use Eclipse as it is free and it is my favorite IDE for development. SO where is the problem with remote debugging ?

thx.
Re: Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug [message #1208924 is a reply to message #1207098] Mon, 25 November 2013 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave is currently offline DaveFriend
try reading
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/documents/XDebugGuideForPDT2.0.pdf
specifically look at the area regarding path mapping

Dave

On 24/11/2013 11:38, Alain Roger wrote:
> thx for your answer.
>
> Here it's what i've done.
>
> 1. as my webserver works under fedora in a virtual machine and my debugging machine is under Windows 7, i install a
> sshfs manager too to map the linux web root of the project as a windows drive "T".
> 2. Next step i create a new project based on source file that i can get from mapped drive T.
> 3. i set up debugger information as server mapping.
> 4. i setup breakpoint
> 5. i run the web page in chrome with xdebug plugins to trigger the breakpoint once on the function to debug.
>
> unfortunately no breakpoint is triggered from remote debugging.
> I did the same with another IDE (PHPStrom trial version) and it worked in 5 minutes. I would rather use Eclipse as it is
> free and it is my favorite IDE for development. SO where is the problem with remote debugging ?
>
> thx.
Re: Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug [message #1211539 is a reply to message #1208924] Tue, 26 November 2013 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dave,

first of all, very thx for the link to documentation, i discovered new things and understood why some settings were useless in my case.
i review everything with documentation and checked several time the path mapping, but i still have the same issue.

When in Chrome browser i run the xdebug plusing and load the page to debug, PDT displays the mapping window asking me to map server index.php to local index.php (see screenshot)

index.php/fa/16829/0/

even if i do it with the correct index.php on local / project side, i still do not debug the function i want to Sad

so what am i doing wrong ?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 November 2013 13:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug [message #1211563 is a reply to message #1211539] Tue, 26 November 2013 13:59 Go to previous message
ok, now i discovered that i was wrongly mapping a file... now it works well.. gooood !!!! finally my preferred IDE can debug remotely Very Happy thx Dave.
Previous Topic:Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints
Next Topic:path mapping issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:17:43 GMT 2024