Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How can i access my eclipse project in different machines ?
How can i access my eclipse project in different machines ? [message #1196394] Tue, 19 November 2013 11:50 Go to next message
Vinayaka S is currently offline Vinayaka SFriend
Hello ,

I'm using eclipse version 4.2.2 for android application development. I want to sync my projects between two or multiple systems. Like , i want to continue the work i left in one computer in another computer. Is this possible ? If possible please let me know how to do this.

Thanks.
Re: How can i access my eclipse project in different machines ? [message #1196643 is a reply to message #1196394] Tue, 19 November 2013 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leo DonahueFriend
You could install a version control system such as Subversion on a central server accessible by all of your computers. Import your projects to the version control and check them out on the other computers. As long as you are updating and committing your working copies from each computer, you should be fine.
Re: How can i access my eclipse project in different machines ? [message #1196744 is a reply to message #1196643] Tue, 19 November 2013 15:16 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Keep in mind that you should only try to synchronize projects and not workspaces. Projects are designed to be shared but workspaces aren't. As mentioned you could use a SCM system to share projects. I would recoment Git instead of Subversion since it doesn't require a dedicated server. You could sync to a repository on a usb drive and then be able to work even when you aren't connected to the network.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Standard for Windows still requires Java 6?
Next Topic:Just checking: no msi for Eclipse Standard?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:56:02 GMT 2024