Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » import an existing project from remote repository
import an existing project from remote repository [message #1195211] Mon, 18 November 2013 22:26 Go to next message
Mads Vejen Langkilde is currently offline Mads Vejen LangkildeFriend
I am trying to use a project from a repository on bitbucket that someone else created, but when i try to import it and place it in my C:\Users---\git folder, I can't run it from my localhost obviously.

Then when I try to import the repository to my htdocs folder (localhost) and try to import the project it gives me the error:

A ressource exists on disk with different case: ("path to imported project on localhost") org.eclipse.core.internal.ressource.RessourceException

I don't get it, as I had no problems when I created my own project and shared it on my bitbucket repo.

So how do I import this project in eclipse and still be able to test on localhost and also commit/push/pull to the remote repository?
Re: import an existing project from remote repository [message #1216689 is a reply to message #1195211] Thu, 28 November 2013 15:38 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Can you share the repository and provide steps to reproduce the problem ?
Previous Topic:'Git Grep Search' in Egit
Next Topic:JGit/Android: prevent NetworkOnMainThreadException during commit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:38:44 GMT 2024