Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Sub-Report and Filters
Sub-Report and Filters [message #1194560] Mon, 18 November 2013 15:25 Go to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
I'm not using a SQL based data set in BIRT and I am trying to create a sub-report (similar to the example given in chapter 16 tutorial 4 of BIRT - A Field Guide).

So far I have created two data sets: States and Cities. The state data set loads a list of states that meet the criteria (so maybe it returns two states - Iowa and Kentucky). The cities report then loads a list of cities in those states where we have customers.

The cities data set would like to take the state abbreviation as a parameter. I added the parameter to the data set in the cities data set.

The trouble is that I don't know how to access the parameter on the filter tab. I tried the following:

param[state_abbreviation]
params[state_abbreviation]
params['state_abbreviation']
param['state_abbreviation']
params["state_abbreviation"]
param["state_abbreviation"]

However, so far none of these variations has worked. What is the correct syntax for accessing a parameter from the filter page for a data set?

Thanks!
Re: Sub-Report and Filters [message #1199452 is a reply to message #1194560] Wed, 20 November 2013 21:23 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you attach your report design?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:hyperlink Drill-through BIRT 4.3.1
Next Topic:Column binding for Grid in a nested Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:34:24 GMT 2024