Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Dynamic display of help documentation in eclipse help(Methods for selectively excluding or adding eclipse help content at runtime)
Dynamic display of help documentation in eclipse help [message #1186547] Thu, 14 November 2013 19:18
Daniel Purnell is currently offline Daniel PurnellFriend
I am new to Eclipse and have a question regarding options for displaying help in Eclipse. I work on the documentation for a software company developing its product using Eclipse. My main job is to assist them in migrating their documentation from doc and pdf formats to html in Eclipse help plugins. I use the DITA authoring tool XMetaL to write up the documentation and convert it into Eclipse help.

Here's my problem:

Currently the documentation shipped to customers contains a lot of internal content, used only by employees. We'd like to have the ability to dynamically exclude/include content based on whether the user is a customer or an employee.

My current thought is there may be a way to have all of the "employees only" content available elsewhere (say, on our corporate intranet), and set up a script that checks at run time whether the user has access to the intranet, and if so, pulls that additional "employees only" content in to the appropriate places in the help documentation.

My questions are: Is it possible to do something like this in Eclipse help? And if so, how would I start setting this up?
Previous Topic:bind login form to datasource - BIRT
Next Topic:Menu's all empty!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:08:13 GMT 2024