Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Unable to resolve plug-in: "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.png&qu(Using image from one plugin to another plugin in e4xmi (Handled Tool Item's Icon URI) )
Unable to resolve plug-in: "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.png&qu [message #1186003] Thu, 14 November 2013 12:06 Go to next message
Kanchan Thukral is currently offline Kanchan ThukralFriend
Hello All,
I'm in the phase of migration from eclipse 3.4 to eclipse 4.3.

I have defined all my resources(Images) in one plugin DependencyPlugin and using this plugin in all my other plugins to access the resources.

DependencyPlugin is still same as created in eclipse 3.4.(I have not done any modification in this).

Now I have create one E4 Application Project(ControlPanel) and in the Application.e4xmi I have created one Handled Tool Itme and in the IconURI I have mentioned the image from DependencyPlugin that is "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.png".

I have added the DependencyPlugin into the dependencies of the application also.

But when I run the application it throws this exception

java.io.IOException: Unable to resolve plug-in "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.png".
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformURLPluginConnection.parse(PlatformURLPluginConnection.java:64)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformURLPluginConnection.resolve(PlatformURLPluginConnection.java:75)

Then i tried by creating one plugin in E4 which contribute in UI(TestUIPlugin) and one which does not contribute in UI(TestPlugin) and added some images in that plugin.

I used images from these plugin one by one in my ControlPanel Plugin and this works.

Do I need to migrate my DependencyPlugin into E4 Plugin?
Or am I doing something wrong in this?
Please let me know how can I proceed.
Re: Unable to resolve plug-in: "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.pn [message #1196392 is a reply to message #1186003] Tue, 19 November 2013 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Is your DependencyPlugin in the .product file?
Re: Unable to resolve plug-in: "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.pn [message #1202889 is a reply to message #1196392] Fri, 22 November 2013 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Sopot,
Yes, I have already included DependencyPlugin in the .product file.
Infact when I use the DependencyPlugin for the handled toolItem it is able to show the image when hover the mouse on the URL but it is not displaying image on ToolItem.
And still I'm getting the same exception as mentioned above

java.io.IOException: Unable to resolve plug-in "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/icons/sidebar-icon_32.png".

I'm attaching the screenshot to explain it. Please have a look. index.php/fa/16795/0/
  • Attachment: exception.png
    (Size: 55.73KB, Downloaded 11752 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 22 November 2013 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to resolve plug-in: "platform:/plugin/DependencyPlugin/resource/images/tooltip_24.pn [message #1202959 is a reply to message #1202889] Fri, 22 November 2013 12:05 Go to previous message
I got answer by myself. I was passing wrong URI.

I read EclipseRCP article by vogella very carefully and it clearly mentioned in Table 3. URI pattern that
"Identifier for a resource in a plug-in. "platform:/plugin/" is a fixed schema, followed by the Bundle-SymbolicName of the MANIFEST.MF file, followed by the path to the file and the filename. "

In the Resource URI I was not passing Bundle-SymbolicName that was the cause for the exception.
I was passing "DependencyPlugin"(Plugin Name) instead of "com.barco.cms.dependency"(Bundle-SymbolicName).

Now I can see icon from different plugin to my ControlPanel Plugin, but now on mouse hover on Icon URI I'm getting some message. How can I resolve that also.
index.php/fa/16796/0/Please see attached screenshot
  • Attachment: Untitled1.png
    (Size: 12.83KB, Downloaded 11755 times)
Previous Topic:how to initialize image registry in pure Eclipse 4
Next Topic:style focused text widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:32:32 GMT 2024