Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How does Xtext resolve references? [SOLVED]
How does Xtext resolve references? [SOLVED] [message #1180983] Mon, 11 November 2013 09:38 Go to next message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
For my language, I defined a reference to an external model in my grammar, it is referenced by its URI with its fragment, like this:

myOtherReference="platform:/resource/SomeProject/somefolder/MyOtherModel.mdl#/"

My scope provider knows the MyOtherModel, assembles a scope using this URI as the qualified name and the concrete instance of the MyOtherModel in its EObjectDescription. However, I get the error "Couldn't resolve reference to MyOtherModel 'platform:/resource/SomeProject/somefolder/MyOtherModel.mdl#/'". The strange thing is, the editor offers me a quick fix to set the myOtherReference to EXACTLY this URI. What else might I be missing? Do I have to add some other bits at a different location I do not know?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2013 13:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How does Xtext resolve references? [SOLVED] [message #1181231 is a reply to message #1180983] Mon, 11 November 2013 13:15 Go to previous message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
I solved it by examining the scoping mechanism single-stepping through it with the debugger. At some point when the model is deserialized from the DSL source code, it comes to the myOtherReference=... line where it converts the string to a QualifiedName. But this QualifiedName uses the dot as a delimiter so the deserializer ends up producing a QN with two segments - platform:/resource/SomeProject/somefolder/MyOtherModel and mdl#/. In my scope provider however, I use the URI as a single segment. At first I did not discover this because toString() produces the same result for the different QNs. I ended up splitting the URI at the dot and constructing QNs with multiple segments in the scope provider. So, the correct object can be resolved.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2013 13:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Best practices for defining custom terminals in a dedicated grammar file
Next Topic:Cross Reference within Quotation Marks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:47:56 GMT 2024