Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Certain bundles not installed from a product export(Trouble using declarative services bundle org.eclipse.equinox.ds in product)
icon5.gif  Certain bundles not installed from a product export [message #1170071] Mon, 04 November 2013 11:40 Go to next message
Mark .Friend
Hi all,

I have having some trouble using declarative services in my eclipse RPC product because the bundle org.eclipse.equinox.ds is never installed.

I have it included in my product dependencies as well as the sub-dependencies.
I set the configuration to auto-start ds at level 3.

The product exports without any issues and the ds bundle (and it;s dependencies) appear in the product's plugin folder. The configuration for starting the plugins also looks ok, it's in a file called
configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info 
in the products folder.

However, if I run my application with the osgi console enabled and look at the bundle state with the ss command, ds is not present.

I also changed some start-up levels of bundles that are installed and it looks like that configuration is ignored too.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

NOTE:
I am using the 3.5 target platform and delta pack.
The problems exists if I export the product from an eclipse 3.5 IDE or Kepler.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 November 2013 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Certain bundles not installed from a product export [message #1170272 is a reply to message #1170071] Mon, 04 November 2013 14:23 Go to previous message
Mark .Friend
Solved!

There was another version of the same product on the target server which was being started instead.
Previous Topic:RCP Export Problems MacOSX
Next Topic:Using working sets as default
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:54:09 GMT 2024