Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Annotation navigation functionality in eclipse
Annotation navigation functionality in eclipse [message #1163642] Thu, 31 October 2013 05:46 Go to next message
Khuzema Dharwala is currently offline Khuzema DharwalaFriend
I am new to eclipse plugin development, recently I got a task to implement annotation navigation toolbar menu feature similar to the one present in eclipse IDE, I have searched about this over net but didn't got any useful resources.

Any help in this direction is highly appreciated.
Re: Annotation navigation functionality in eclipse [message #1170702 is a reply to message #1163642] Mon, 04 November 2013 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Is there a reason you wouldn't just use the navigation that's already there?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Annotation navigation functionality in eclipse [message #1171203 is a reply to message #1170702] Tue, 05 November 2013 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nitin,Thanks for your kind response, yeah i want to use the existing funtionality can you please provide some pointers on how to start ?
Re: Annotation navigation functionality in eclipse [message #1172828 is a reply to message #1171203] Wed, 06 November 2013 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

In much older releases, I'd have pointed you to making an action set part association, and then tying your implementations for navigation (unless you're a text editor, which already handles them) to those as global action handlers. I haven't tried it on 4.x, but http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_ui_actionSetPartAssociations.html mentions that it's deprecated in favor of UI Commands, http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_ui_commands.html . You should find more current examples in the Eclipse SDK itself.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Annotation navigation functionality in eclipse [message #1219282 is a reply to message #1172828] Tue, 03 December 2013 07:08 Go to previous message
Thanks Nitin.
Previous Topic:Web Based Dashboard Application
Next Topic:Location of actions in eclipse main toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:24:00 GMT 2024