Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How do I hide Eclipse until application is initialized, including UI?
How do I hide Eclipse until application is initialized, including UI? [message #1152082] Wed, 23 October 2013 20:15
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
I have an Eclipse application that imports a C/C++ Executable and starts up the CDT debugger. In my application's WorkbenchWindowAdvisor postWindowCreate() method I finish off by joining on the debug job that launches the executable. However, I am noticing a bit of delay (8 seconds) as various UI elements are filled in (e.g. the initial source is displayed, the Debug view is filled in, etc..). I found some other jobs (using a listener) that occur after the debug launch marks itself done, including a Job called "Debug Source Display". If I try and join on that particular job at the end of postWindowCreate(), it just hangs so I assume it must be waiting for something that doesn't occur until after the window gets opened.

I would theoretically like to have a splash screen show until the window is ready to display. Is there a recommended way in my WorkbenchWindowAdvisor I can hide the Window until I determine things are relatively stable and are ready to be shown to the user?
Previous Topic:Automatically uninstall plugins for custom feature
Next Topic:Navigating between Property Pages with a Link
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:53:28 GMT 2024