Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "required from..." errors
"required from..." errors [message #1135626] Sun, 13 October 2013 09:22 Go to next message
slajerek . is currently offline slajerek .Friend
For sure it was discussed but Search forums did not help to resolve my problem.

I have in my C++ project bunch of errors reported in Eclipse starting with a line "required from...", project compiles fine, works perfectly, daily tested on valgrind, Xcode instruments etc. So no error for sure.

I thought it's due to broken code analysis thus it's switched off for some time. Unfortunately no luck - with code analysis switched off these errors are still being displayed (see screenshot attached). I'm on Eclipse 4.2.2

Actually it's a question of how to fix these errors in my project rather if that's a broken analysis tool. I do believe code analysis tool is trying to tell me something, but it's totally meaningless "required from"? what does this mysterious message mean? Can somebody who implemented that feature explain what's the point in garbling my project errors log with meaningless messages? What exactly this message means?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 October 2013 13:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "required from..." errors [message #1140348 is a reply to message #1135626] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:43 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
That is an error message from the compiler and *not* from CODAN. In the Problems view you can see that the error is categorized as type "C/C++ Problem".

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Share projects on multiple platforms
Next Topic:Eclipse Linux tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:45:52 GMT 2024