Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to run Jubula with Maven?
How to run Jubula with Maven? [message #1132078] Fri, 11 October 2013 00:42 Go to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
Hi,

I have already had Jubula set up and run on Jenkins by installing a standalone version of Jubula on the Jenkins agent(slave). I am wondering if there is a way to automate the process using maven so that I don't need to install anything (in this case, it's the standalone Jubula application) to run the test. Looks like there is a maven-Jubula-plugin? I am wondering if there's anyone has ever got it work and would like to share the knowledge?

Thanks a lot.
Re: How to run Jubula with Maven? [message #1133402 is a reply to message #1132078] Fri, 11 October 2013 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alejo Abdala is currently offline Alejo AbdalaFriend
Hi Jiajian, I didn't find any facilities for running Jubula from Maven. What we did here at my company was to develop a maven plugin (https://github.com/mulesoft/jubula-maven-plugin) for this task. The code is open but the project is not at a mature enough state for anyone outside the company to use it happily. It is not well documented and there are some things that you need to do that are tricky.

The main tricky thing is creating a bootstrapped jubula artifact. As you say, the main need would be to be able to run some Jubula tests without any prerequisite in the machine it is running. We achieve this by deploying an artifact that has the files that a jubula installation has and retrieving it (through a maven-dependency-plugin execution) at the moment of running the test. I say this is tricky because this artifact has to meet certain requirements* (for the code of our plugin to work correctly).
*(particularly the structure, for example we deleted the plugins folder in the jubula folder, so that the package weights almost half of its original size, since those plugins there were almost the same (included in) as in /server/plugins.)

If you are interested in using the plugin let me know and I can give you a hand / provide some support. We have it in place and working (except for the test conversion to junit/surefire format, it is not working 100%)

PS: surely if we collaborate with the Jubula team we can create a much smarter way of obtaining just the necessary stuff to run the tests
Re: How to run Jubula with Maven? [message #1226048 is a reply to message #1133402] Tue, 31 December 2013 14:20 Go to previous message
Jose Ribeiro is currently offline Jose RibeiroFriend
Hi Alejo,

Can you help me to build the artifact you mentioned previously?

Regards
Previous Topic:Problem to extend existing tree component by new action
Next Topic:Any plan for 2.2 Feature Version in Kepler Update Site?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:54:22 GMT 2024