Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Tables with merged cells are not correctly rendered
Tables with merged cells are not correctly rendered [message #1130316] Wed, 09 October 2013 12:34 Go to next message
Robert Walter is currently offline Robert WalterFriend
Hi,

for DOC and DOCX output, I found that in my report cells of tables which are created by merging two or more "default" cells, are not correctly rendered.
When I put a data field in one of these merged cells, the text appears in the created output, however, I cannot select or edit it and it also disappears when I print the DOC or export it to PDF.

If others also have this issue, let me know, i can file a bug then.

Robert
Re: Tables with merged cells are not correctly rendered [message #1130845 is a reply to message #1130316] Thu, 10 October 2013 01:00 Go to previous message
Michael Wirzbicki is currently offline Michael WirzbickiFriend
Greetings,

I run into this problem when I have multiple table that do not have the same number of columns. For example when you have two different tables and Table 1 has 10 columns and Table 2 has 15 columns and they are displayed on the same page this results in BIRT trying to do columns alignment which results in "merge columns".

Solution: What I did in my reports is to insure that I have the same number of columns displayed. I put dummy data that I would hide or I returned "0" for numeric results and displayed them. By doing this I eliminated "merging columns".

Mike W
Previous Topic:BIRT Reporting Delphi IDE
Next Topic:Embedding HTML in DOCX (4.3.1)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:18:46 GMT 2024