Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unable to run source files [Fixed]
Unable to run source files [Fixed] [message #1128947] Tue, 08 October 2013 06:29 Go to next message
Allen Chin is currently offline Allen ChinFriend
Downloaded Eclipse Standard and installed CDT.

I also installed Cygwin 64-bit, the necessary executables (gcc, g++, gdb, make) and added C:\cygwin64\bin to the environment path variable.

I am able to build my project, but when trying to run the source file ("grass.c"), I come across the message:

gcc.exe : fatal error: no input files
      compilation terminated.

I also downloaded the Eclipse for C/C++ which works perfectly fine. Curious what I did wrong.

Thanks for the help in advance! I really am at my wit's end here.

Edit: Never mind, I was just being stupid. Feeling dumb for what happened. I set the Project > Properties > Run/Debug Settings to the cygwin executable for no reason instead of the appropriate Debug/File.exe

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2013 21:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to run source files [Fixed] [message #1636040 is a reply to message #1128947] Thu, 26 February 2015 02:59 Go to previous message
Kevin Wilson is currently offline Kevin WilsonFriend
Question what has the Debug\foo.exe have to do with the failure to find input files!
You see I've built a small routine to test the Fibonacci equation (it's used for random execution in some tape library testing). So...in eclipse I followed the advice given on setting the Project->Properties->Run/Debug Settings to Debug/Fibonacci.exe.
The clean went ok, the build project bit the dust with the "gcc.exe: fatal error: no input files compilation terminated."

Plus a "java version "1.8.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_31-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)". I am not sure what the deal is any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin
Previous Topic:Remote debugging works, remote release not
Next Topic:Jumping cursor/screen in CDT editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:26:53 GMT 2024