Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to wrap the description on the first page of wizard(Challenged to wrap a long description on the first page of the wizard..)
How to wrap the description on the first page of wizard [message #1123053] Wed, 02 October 2013 06:34 Go to next message
Kapil Gambhir is currently offline Kapil GambhirFriend
SWT Wizard lays out its size depending on various controls, in my case the description of the first wizard page is a long one causing the horizontal size of the wizard to be unnecessary long.
Is there a way to programmatically make it wrap, basically not have the description size taken into account for the horizontal size of the wizard. I see if i have a message (not description) set on this wizard it wraps well but description doesnt behave the same way.

I want to avoid any hard coding on the size because then it looks ugly on different 'resolution/text size' setting of the system.

Any relevant help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: How to wrap the description on the first page of wizard [message #1125415 is a reply to message #1123053] Fri, 04 October 2013 13:40 Go to previous message
Arun Thondapu is currently offline Arun ThondapuFriend
Hi Kapil,

I'm assuming you're using the
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard
class to create your custom wizard. Since this code is owned by the JFace project, you might get better help by posting on the JFace forum here - http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/15/
Previous Topic:Can i create new listener and attach to a widget with custom EventId
Next Topic:Transparency between SWT<->AWT Image Conversions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:15:10 GMT 2024