Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP Export Problems MacOSX
RCP Export Problems MacOSX [message #1122532] Tue, 01 October 2013 17:19 Go to next message
Marcel Austenfeld is currently offline Marcel AustenfeldFriend
Hello,

i have a problem to export my RCP project under MacOSX. When i try to export
my product the following message occurs:

Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.rcp: Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.swt..."

Under Windows and Linux the export is working without problems and the plugin is also
existent in the plugins folder.

If i remove the plugin "org.eclipse.rcp" the export continues but the exported product doesn't start because of the missing required feature.

If i start my RCP product in Eclipse the application starts and works as expected.

Does anyone has a clue what this error means?

At the moment i still using Eclipse 3.8.2 as the RCP platform.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: RCP Export Problems MacOSX [message #1123350 is a reply to message #1122532] Wed, 02 October 2013 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Austenfeld is currently offline Marcel AustenfeldFriend
The source of the error is a patched SWT library on MacOSX. The export of the RCP app only works if i use the original library. Strangely the patched library cannot be exported with the RCP.
Re: RCP Export Problems MacOSX [message #1162870 is a reply to message #1123350] Wed, 30 October 2013 17:27 Go to previous message
Valerio Santinelli is currently offline Valerio SantinelliFriend
My 2 cents suggestion is to move your build system to Maven to avoid a lot of headaches like this one.
Previous Topic:Guidance on re-using Platform in RCP
Next Topic:Certain bundles not installed from a product export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:21:45 GMT 2024