Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » All in one workspace for work(I use more than one software for work...I want all in one)
All in one workspace for work [message #1118513] Fri, 27 September 2013 13:34 Go to next message
Wei-Chuen Chen is currently offline Wei-Chuen ChenFriend
Hi all,

I've been using eclipse for couple of years now but I haven't really gone in-depth with in. It's always been a auxiliary tool rather than the main tool. Now I want to change that.

At work, I use SQL Developer, Putty(Sometimes 4 sessions running) with Vi Editor, Notepad++, and web browser to integrate sub products into the company's product.

My problem is writing a new code that doesn't have real time checking system. Eclipse provides the common error checks but what if I want more than those. I work mainly with sql and database and the subproducts are written in xml. everytime the xml needs to be tested, our main product processes it. the process is time consuming and I need it to check it in real time. So my thought is that how do I start in developing a plugin that checks whether my tag in an xml exist in the "master xml tag list"?

Re: All in one workspace for work [message #1118719 is a reply to message #1118513] Fri, 27 September 2013 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

When you're checking the file in real time, where in the UI are you intending to show the feedback/results?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: All in one workspace for work [message #1119044 is a reply to message #1118719] Sat, 28 September 2013 02:29 Go to previous message
Wei-Chuen Chen is currently offline Wei-Chuen ChenFriend
Just like eclipse or sql developer, I want something that gives me the list of available options to type, spellcheck, error check if the logic is not correct.
Previous Topic:interior help
Next Topic:Problems with Eclipse download
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:48:12 GMT 2024