Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Maven 3 Configuration with Nexus
Maven 3 Configuration with Nexus [message #1117539] Thu, 26 September 2013 14:51
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli OrtonFriend
Hi,

Another member of my team was setting up a new Nexus server and testing updating our Hudson instance to use it instead of our old one. This person had to take some time off unexpectedly and we're not sure what was changed, but Hudson isn't working as expected.

How does Hudson determine its Maven settings?

I've found that we had a settings.xml file in our hudson user's local repository. This seems to be the config Hudson uses for pulling artifacts from Nexus. I also found a settings.xml file in the Maven 3 Configuration of Nexus. This seems to be the config Hudson uses to push artifacts to the repository.

I say this because there was a mis-match between the two settings config with one pointing to the new Nexus and the other to the old and the build output shows pulling from the repo configured in user directory file and pushing to the Nexus in the internal Hudson settings.xml.

I'm guessing that we should only be using one configuration strategy. Is setting it up in the Maven 3 Configuration the preferred method?

BTW, the Maven 3 Configuration does not display corretly in Firefox. The file information section (ID, Type, Name, Description, Attributes) are cutoff by the actual file contents so that some of the attributes are not visible. The bottom of the file is also cutoff by the Update and Revert button footer and you cannot scroll see the last few lines of the file.

In IE (both 32 and 64 bit) nothing is displayed for Maven 3 Configuration.
Previous Topic:Yum checksum errors installing on RHEL5
Next Topic:New Hudson Book
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:44:47 GMT 2024