Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Strange password error when running BIRT 4.3 report
Strange password error when running BIRT 4.3 report [message #1115838] Tue, 24 September 2013 16:49 Go to next message
Carleen Dickerson is currently offline Carleen DickersonFriend
I have created script in the beforeFactory method of my report to read username/password info from a properties file and set them in the datasource. E.G.,

ds = reportContext.getDesignHandle().getDesign().findDataSource("Data Source");
property = new Properties();
property.load(new FileInputStream("c:/dev/birt/dataSource.properties");

ds.setProperty("odaPassword", property.getProperty("odaPassword"));
reportContext.getDesignHandle().getDesign().addElementID(ds);

It works like a charm, except that the report generated always tells me authentication failed for that user. Directly clicking on the data source and running "Test Connection" allows me to connect to the db with no problem - it's only when using the properties file that the password is said to be invalid. I have debugged the script and verified that the password being set is correct.

What might this be? I know it's reading the properties file correctly, because I can change the user name. It just doesn't like my password, which is definitely correct.

Thanks for any help.
Re: Strange password error when running BIRT 4.3 report [message #1116196 is a reply to message #1115838] Wed, 25 September 2013 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

How are you running the report? Just the preview? Or have you tried the web viewer, pdf, etc.?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Strange password error when running BIRT 4.3 report [message #1116456 is a reply to message #1116196] Wed, 25 September 2013 13:28 Go to previous message
Carleen Dickerson is currently offline Carleen DickersonFriend
I'm running in preview as well as the web viewer. The results are the same. I haven't tried PDF.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 September 2013 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Deployment error: "Driver definition could not be found"
Next Topic:Bar charts options?...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:34:53 GMT 2024