Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » TextCellEditor more like Excel(TextCellEditor more like Excel)
TextCellEditor more like Excel [message #1112817] Fri, 20 September 2013 07:59 Go to next message
Arjan Kok is currently offline Arjan KokFriend
Hi,

I am trying to implement a feature on the inline TextCellEditor : When started, it should recalculate its bounds so that the the underlying data fits in the editor area. This is also how Excel handles this.

What would be the best way to implement this? I had a the look on the EditController class. It takes by default the bounds of the Cell.

It would be nice to reuse the the calculate feature of the TextPainter somehow. Any ideas on this?

Kind Regards,

Arjan Kok
Re: TextCellEditor more like Excel [message #1113035 is a reply to message #1112817] Fri, 20 September 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

technically the MultiLineTextCellEditor should fit your needs when opening it inline instead of in a dialog.

While verifying this statement, I noticed that it is not. So I created a ticket for this:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=417680

As I'm currently fixing some issues with editor controls that were reported lately, I looked into this and corrected it right away.

By checking out the current sources from git or using the latest snapshot (>= 187) you should be able to configure a MultiLineTextCellEditor that opens inline and behaves like you described.
http://download.eclipse.org/nattable/snapshots/

Greez,
Dirk
Re: TextCellEditor more like Excel [message #1153564 is a reply to message #1113035] Thu, 24 October 2013 17:51 Go to previous message
Arjan Kok is currently offline Arjan KokFriend
Hi,

I tested the Editor with snapshop 198, and it works fine. It would be nice to get this fix in a release, but I understood that plans are underway.
Thanks,

Arjan.
Previous Topic:Sorting in Tree List Breaks the Tree Structure
Next Topic:Using Eclipse Spell Checker in Nattable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:52:20 GMT 2024