Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C/C++ Remote Application Debugging(Item missing from Debug Configurations list)
C/C++ Remote Application Debugging [message #1111897] Wed, 18 September 2013 22:07 Go to next message
Danzer Goldman is currently offline Danzer GoldmanFriend
I am attempting to debug an application on a remote target, but the debug configuration launch list does not include "C/C++ Remote Application". I am running Indigo with version 6.0 of the CDT. Does anyone know the cause or is there a workaround?
Re: C/C++ Remote Application Debugging [message #1112344 is a reply to message #1111897] Thu, 19 September 2013 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
I believe the "C/C++ Remote App" was added after that version of CDT. Try using "C/C++ Application" and change the launch delegate by using the hyperlink at the bottom of your launch dialog; there should be a remote launch delegate there.

Or you can use the "C/C++ Attach to Application" and change the Debugger tab to use 'gdbserver'. I'm not sure which one is the one you need for your situation.

Marc
Re: C/C++ Remote Application Debugging [message #1112382 is a reply to message #1112344] Thu, 19 September 2013 15:53 Go to previous message
Danzer Goldman is currently offline Danzer GoldmanFriend
Thanks, Marc. I will try both suggestions...
Previous Topic:where is ObjectStyleMacro defined
Next Topic:Debugger fails to start but gdb works fine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:51:37 GMT 2024