Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Show Text values in Scatter chart(Birt + RAP - Program generated scatter charts)
Show Text values in Scatter chart [message #1111543] Wed, 18 September 2013 11:08 Go to next message
Prince Dhanasingh is currently offline Prince DhanasinghFriend
Hi

I'm relatively new to Birt. I'm using BIRT to create charts in RAP. I have managed to create a scatter chart with different points depicted in the chart.

However, all the points shown in the graph are associated with unique names and I want these names to be shown in the legend. As of now, I'm able to show either series values in the legend, but not a totally new set of values/identifiers. Can anyone help with regard to this? So this is basically a set of text values.

I generate my charts programatically.

Attached is the pic of the chart I generate as of now, I need text values to show up in the legend instead of the numbers shown.
index.php/fa/16234/0/
Cheers
Prince
  • Attachment: scatter.png
    (Size: 23.21KB, Downloaded 578 times)
Re: Show Text values in Scatter chart [message #1111867 is a reply to message #1111543] Wed, 18 September 2013 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you tried using the string field as the y-series grouping field?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Show Text values in Scatter chart [message #1112225 is a reply to message #1111867] Thu, 19 September 2013 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your response Michael. I have not used grouping before, so I will give it a try. Meanwhile, if you have an existing example of the same, can you please provide it. That will expedite my try Smile

Appreciate your time.
Re: Show Text values in Scatter chart [message #1112529 is a reply to message #1112225] Thu, 19 September 2013 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I might have an example lying around somewhere, but I'll have to find it. Smile I'll post it if I find it.

Michael

Re: Show Text values in Scatter chart [message #1144943 is a reply to message #1112529] Sat, 19 October 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael

I could not get the grouping thing to work, but I managed to try out chart scripting and used the beforeDrawLengendEntry() method to replace the legend items to the text values I wanted. I stored my own dataset in the one of the series, which I read from this method to achieve it.

So while this is resolved, I'm still curious to find out the grouping approach you mentioned. So if you do get a chance to find that example, please share. Thank you.

Re: Show Text values in Scatter chart [message #1148644 is a reply to message #1144943] Mon, 21 October 2013 16:51 Go to previous message

What's your BIRT version?

Michael

Previous Topic:How to name tabs in Export to Excel
Next Topic:Require Help to resolve in Scripted Data source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:42:32 GMT 2024