Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Displaying table headers when table's data is not their
Displaying table headers when table's data is not their [message #1111320] Wed, 18 September 2013 04:04 Go to next message
lakshya agarwal is currently offline lakshya agarwalFriend
Greetings,

I have created a BIRT report, in which data is displayed in three tables from JDBC source.
Sometimes their is no data for a table, in that case, table(for which data is not present) is not shown at all(even the table's header), i want to show the table headers if their is no data for a table.

Is it possible, if yes , then please guide how to achieve it.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Displaying table headers when table's data is not their [message #1111803 is a reply to message #1111320] Wed, 18 September 2013 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If I have a table in my report and have no data, the header still shows by default. Can you attach a sample design using the sample database that will show me the issue?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Displaying table headers when table's data is not their [message #1114719 is a reply to message #1111803] Mon, 23 September 2013 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the prompt reply Michael,

Actually the table headers are MIME types(e.g : doc, pdf, Video, Audio etc) and beneath them are the number of documents of that type.The headers are generated dynamically. If their are no documents of a specific MIME type then that header is not shown at all.
I want to display the headers even when data of that type is not their with a blank column below that.

Is it possible. If, yes then how?

Thanks Again

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2013 04:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Displaying table headers when table's data is not their [message #1116171 is a reply to message #1114719] Wed, 25 September 2013 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You would need to have some idea of what values there should be. For example, a separate dataSet or something where you brought in all the different types.

Michael

Re: Displaying table headers when table's data is not their [message #1116208 is a reply to message #1116171] Wed, 25 September 2013 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Michael but I didn't get you.

Can you please elaborate..

Thanks Again
Re: Displaying table headers when table's data is not their [message #1117142 is a reply to message #1116208] Thu, 26 September 2013 06:12 Go to previous message

I was meaning that if there are no documents of a certain type, they don't show in your table. If you want the ones that don't exist to show, you'd either need a static list of types or you'd need to pull all of the types dynamically from your database and use that dataset to set the header values. Hopefully this makes more sense. Let me know.

Michael

Previous Topic:Bar charts options?...
Next Topic:how do I toggle visibility of column in script?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:45:43 GMT 2024